A&S at Kingdom Crusades

Poster: Jen Thies <jthies@polaris.umuc.edu>

As to the A&S Winners during the day at Kingdom Crusades, they were many

and talented.
Heraldry: winner-House Tremayne with the award scroll given to Lady
Mordrea
who did most of the work.
honorable mentions-Duchess Niobe for family heraldry, House Ebonwoulfe
for
household heraldic display, Barony of Windmaster's hill for distinctions

within a group but still group heraldry, Barony of Bhakail of the East
and
Bloodguard all exhibited outstanding herladic display on the field.

Costume: winner- Bronag Nalbjrtr with her entire hand made female Viking

outfit
honorable mentions- Anarra Karlsdottir for her 9th cent female norse
costume, and Catrina ( a new fighter from Dun Carrig ?) for her woolen
byzantine tunic and her madder dyed tunic and trim.

Poetry: winner-Mistress Dorigen of the Grey Gate of the East
honorable mentions- Lord Jonathan Blackbow, and Master Niall Dolphin

Armour: winner-Lord Geoffrey the Younger for his lovely visored sallet
honorable mentions- Count Thorbrandr for his 14th cent Italian leg
harness,
and Lord Patrick Ravensclaw for his stylish barbute (which was drug off
the
field to be judged)

I would also like ot thank all those who entered and the lovely and
talented
people who offered up a piece of their day to judge.  Thank you for all
of
your help.

I would also like to commend King Anton, King Brian and Queen Anne for
dedicating the entire court to the happenings of the day.  For this I am

grateful that the winners of the A&S competitions were recognized.  I
just
wish they could have been there to accept their prizes.

In Service,
Genevieve d'Aquitaine

Terry L. Neill wrote:

> Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <t_neill@hotmail.com>
>
> Court was very short as most of the people called up weren't in the
> hall.  :D
>
> In a very nice touch, but I don't know who's idea it was, HRM Anton
had
> a tyger pin to award to a deserving Easterner who's service and
> diligence caught his eye; and TRM East had a sea horse pin to award to
> deserving Atlantian ditto.  Both gentles were called into court and
> their accomplishments and service hailed.  Very nice idea!
>
> Sir Kai sang a song for the Queen of the East.
>
> The Queen of the East said moving words about how wonderful Atlantia
was
> and got a standing ovation.
>
> The Autocrat, whose name escapes my putty brain, received a King's
Award
> of Excellence.
>
> Their Majesties of Acre were invited to sit in at court and had some
> nice words to say about getting new ideas by checking out other
Medieval
> groups.
>
> House Tremayne won the heraldry display on the field with 5 runners
> up--Dutchess Niobe, Windmaster's Hill, two groups from the East whose
> names escape me, and House Ebonwulf.
>
> Bron Njallsdottir won the pre-14th century garb competition with a
Norse

--

  "You have to leave room in life to dream."
  -Buffy Sainte-Marie