Re: Off topic but important

Poster: RowenRhys@aol.com

In a message dated 98-11-03 14:17:23 EST, seinfeld@vt.edu writes:

<< One more important thing about the whole voting/democracy thing:

 Part of democracy is the choice to not take part in politics. I haven't seen
 candidate that I thought might be worthy of any office since Perot ran, and I
 didn't agree with everything he stood for. I choose not to vote, because I
 refuse to be held responsible for the actions of these fools who think
they're
 in charge. As far as the law is concerned, I have to obey them anyway, which
 isn't right, but I feel a lot better about myself by not granting anybody the
 authority to make decisions for me, unless I truly beleive that they can be
 trusted to make the right decisions.

 Gideon of Black Diamond

The above is true...but along with your right to vote or not comes
responsibility.  Accordingly if you chose not to take part in this political
process then many believe that one do not have the right to voice one's
opinion on who is currently in office.  Many people never try to change the
system and complain and complain until the cows come home.  I am of the
opinion that if one forsakes one's right to take part in the process of making
this democratic-republic work, then one also forsakes one's right to complain.

Just the 2 p of a former Government teacher...

Amy Smyth-Wilson, who sees no problem with a straight ticket
(not writing as Rowen ferch Rhys)