Re: Please read this....

Poster: carl christianson <einar@cvn.net>

At 11:47 AM 11/9/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Poster: Janine H Sutter <jsutter@scotland.ces.state.nc.us>
>
>I would rather someone alert people of possible dangers (even if it turns out
>to be false) than not send it because it is not a middle ages topic or has
not
>been fully researched.  The time something does not get posted because
someone
>is afraid of being flamed is the time someone actually gets hurt.  Kari Kyst

I will second this, and add that caution with poisonous snakes is always a
Good Thing (tm), especially since so many SCA events are held in outdoor
areas.  Granted, most self-respecting rattlesnakes get the heck out of
human-invaded areas, but there is always the possiblity that someday
someone is going to come  close to stepping on one.  I would also like to
remind folks that there are a lot of copperhead snakes in the Mid-Atlantic,
and they blend very nicely into leaf piles.  Water moccasins, or
cottonmouths are mean and will chase humans.  I know, I was chased by one
many years ago.  Also nearly stepped on a rattlesnake once, even more years
ago.  Scared the *&^% out of me.  Friendly reminders of such things are not
uncalled for.

Elen Prydydd

flaming heretic and certified snake-hater