Re: Question on Court Etiquette and Conscience

Poster: benalcazar@juno.com

We have two members of our barony who are about to move (this week) to
Ansteorra.  They are both Jewish and due to their beliefs can not bow to
any king.  When they were called into court to receive their AoAs, the
man politely informed the king that due to mundane religious
considerations, they could not bow to him.  The King, far from being
offended, stated that he understood their beliefs, and then proceeded to
stand up on his throne.  After a quick momentary declaration of being
Batman, the king gave them their AoAs much to the delight of both the
crowd and the recipients.

Therefore I would say that a polite explanation should be acceptable to
most, if not all, monarchs.

Isabella
Nameless One Pursuvant
Barony of the Bright Hills