re: Plastic, and other (fwd)

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> Well, that's true, but if these individuals are looking for
> possible avenues to go for shields that "break" when hit,

Just wondering, but what would be the advantange of such?  Did period
shields degrade over the course of a single instance of combat?
Otherwise I wouldn't think the "first fight, pause, second fight,
pause, third fight" sequence of combat we usually do would make this
idea all that useful in SCA terms, as I would expect the SCAdian
fighter to get a spare undamaged shield between fights if his shield
actually started to degrade...

Julien