Re: 3 Greatest Knights in Xendom

Poster: Michael Surbrook <susano@access.digex.net>

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 SheehanTA@aol.com wrote:

> If one is looking at the Medieval "Nine Worthies," the three exemplars of
> Christian knighthood were Charlemagne, Arthur, and Baldwin (King of
> Jerusalem).  At various times, Medieval authors would vary the list to include
> a personal favorite (on someone with whom they were currying favor).  In which
> case, Baldwin usually got dropped.
>
> Mistress Deirdre O'Siodhachain
> (Terry Sheehan)
>
> p.s. A bonus question:  who were the remaining six worthies?

I can guess at a few:

David, Julius Caesar (sp?), Solomon, Alexander the Great

Oh well.. that's as many as I can remember.

If I remember correctly, three are biblical, three are 'ancient' (such as
Alexander) and three were 'modern'.

Michael Limner, esq.

* "'Cause I'm the god of destruction, that's why!" - Susano Orbatos,Orion *
*               Michael Surbrook / susano@access.digex.net                *
*        Visit "Surbrook's Stuff' the Hero Games resource site at:        *
*              http://www.access.digex.net/~susano/index.html             *
*            Attacked Mystification Police / AD Police / ESWAT            *
* Society for Creative Anachronism / House ap Gwystl / Company of St.Mark *