Re: Curved plywood for shields. IMPORTANT DETAIL

Poster: JBRMM266@aol.com

One lesson about curving plywood for shields, that I learned the hard way
several years ago:  1/4" and 3/8" plywood are both made in 3 layers, or
"plies".  The wood grain runs in one direction in the two outer plies, and at
right angles in the one between.  The plywood will bend fairly easily *along*
the grain of the outer two layers, but not *across* it.  I have a strangely-
curved piece of plywood that I puzzled over for some time, many years ago,
because I cut the shield shapes with their vertical axis at right angles to
the grain of the outer layers.

Embarassing to admit it, but let others have the benefit of my error . ....

~Donal