Re: You say Toe-MAY-to, I say Toe-MAH-to, let's call the whole thing off!

Poster: Rutlands@aol.com

In a message dated 11/22/98 8:54:57 AM Eastern Standard Time, heather@pop.net
writes:

<< >
 > And what wud ye be sayin, instead o' 'car'?   Therrre might weil be another
 > ward wha is proper, an' not sae modern, but I dinna ken it.
 >
 > Margaret Cameron

 Werrre ye no' listenin', woman?  ; )  I say 'wain'.  Granted, I dinnae haul
hay in
 it, but I do haul a great deal o' other things.......

 Miri

  Och aye, and the Scottish-type wain was good for on the steep mountains as
well as the level.... whereas the wain in Spain stayed mainly on the plain...
James of Rutland