Re: words words words was(RE: Other 12th night events)

Poster: "Joyce A. Baldwin" <jocetta@ibm.net>

Forwarded at the request of Lady Bonne (as of this Saturday! Vivats!)

>From: "Bonne of Traquair" <oftraquair@hotmail.com>
>To: jocetta@ibm.net
>Subject: Re: words words words was(RE: Other 12th night events)
>Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:42:58 PST
>

>Lady Jocetta Thrushleigh said
>>P.S.  I've always thought that Feast-O-Crat in place of Head Cook was a
>>silly term.  Made me feel like a "Feast-O-Matic" piece of equipment
>:-).
>
>On the sca-cooks list some weeks back, there was quite a bit of
>discussion on this.  Many would have agreed with Lady Jocetta's opinion.
>There was a lot of agreement that "kitchen steward" described the
>overall duties better than head cook.  There being so much research and
>pre-planning and shopping and cooking to do or oversee before even
>getting around to the cooking part.  Head cook or simply cook were
>popular choices as well.  There were also minor factions with other
>choices.  In the end though, anyone would agree with:
>
>> I will, however, suffer it if the person using it is willing to chop a
>>sufficient amount of turnips! (or carrots, or, better yet, onions....)
>
>Bonne

Joyce A. Baldwin
Diva Extraordinaire

In the Society for Creative Anachronism:
Lady Jocetta Thrushleigh of Rowansgarth
Exchequer, Canton of Buckston on Eno