On to the helm...

Poster: "Steve Schell" <sschell@hepc.com>

Ok, thank you everyone for your tips on shield construction.  From all
the ideas and assistance I got, I could make a career out of it.  Flat,
curved, metal or plywood, I can now make it or buy a blank.  But shields
and elbow and knee protection are relatively easy.  At least for
practice, non period protective gear can be used.  Helms are another
story.

Send me your armory URLs, your helm plans, your sallet diagrams. etc.
etc. etc.  I hate to fire up another debate on stainless vs. mild or
anything of the sort, but a helm is (forgive me) the crowning piece of
armor and you cant fight or practice without it, eh?

Much obliged in advance good gentles,

Eideard a' clachair
mka Steven Schell

"<quotation under construction>"   ;-)