Re: Llewelyn

Poster: carl christianson <einar@cvn.net>

At 07:40 PM 11/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Poster: Nancy Davis <nancyad@mindspring.com>
>
> Meli wrote:
>
>  Sharon Kay
>>Penman has also written about the brothers, but I cannot for the
>>life of me remember the titles of the individual books.
>
>The first is "Here Be Dragons"(Efen still has my copy). Another is "Falls
>the Shadow." I can't lay my hand on the other one. It may be "The Sunne in
>Splendour."

_The Sunne in Splendour_ is about the Yorkists.  You're thinking of _The
Reckoning_, which is really good and much more accurate than a nitpicky
historian has any right to expect ;->

>I am tickled to hear about the Pargeter books. I hope they are as good as
>her writing as Ellis Peters. They are next on my list for the library.

They are also good... but I don't agree with EP's depiction of Llywelyn and
Davydd's relationship.  Ll is too damn trusting in her version, and Davydd
had given his brother no reason to trust and every reason to distrust his
good intentions.  Davydd precipitated the entire crisis, IMHO.

Elen Prydydd