A Mid-Winters Tale

Poster: Doug and Maria Munitz <ginevra@bellsouth.net>

  On December 12, the Shire of Border Vale Keep will present its
quasi-annual Mid-Winters Tale, an intimate get-together where we and our
friends entertain ourselves with a continuous bardic circle, conversation,
all kinds of dancing, games, a hearty pot-luck feast and a rousing
pre-Yuletide party.  This year there will also be a Newcomer's Welcome
Party directed by our Chatelaine Lady Diana Francesca della Mirandola.
Fighters- look for a Torchlight Bear Pit Tourney
A&S- there will be 2 competitions- a poetry contest based on a theme and
words given out at the event and a riddle (in period style) competition;
and a best cookie competition.  Judges needed.
Merchants welcome.
Pot-luck Feast bring a dish that will feed at least 6 people.
A wet site, but no original containers of any kind, please.
No pets.
Please send reservations to the autocrat. Or, please contact us if you are
just planning on coming and paying at the door,so we can be sure to have
enough supplies on hand.
Autocrat: Lady Magda Laurens			Chatelaine-Lady Diana Francesca
 	     Pam Smith 391C Ridge Crossing	Kathy Crow
	     Martinez   GA  30907		(706) 796-1590
	     (706)855-5271			crownet@groupz.net
	    PamelaS8@excite.com
	NOTE-new e-mail address
Co-autocrat- Lady Ginevra  de'Rossi
	     Maria Munitz
	     1807 Cheryl Dr.
	     Augusta   Ga   30906
             (706) 798-3939
	     ginevra@bellsouth.net
Site Fees- $5.00 for adults
	$2.50 for children 6-12
	Children under 6 are our guests
The site is the New Ellenton Civic Center on Myrtle St. in New Ellenton, SC.

Direction:  From Augusta- Take 278 to the stoplight at Hwy 19, make a left
and continue to New Ellenton about 1-1/2 miles up make a right just passed
Goodman Chevrolet Camperland.   Just passed Goodman's Chevrolet Camperland
there is a small street (look for SCA sign), turn right* and the civic
center is  just to the left
>From points east- Take best way to Hwy 19 in Aiken ( you can get there from
US 78),
Drive through Aiken and continue on to New Ellenton.   Drive til you see
Goodman's Chevrolet Camperland  and take a left onto the little street just
before it.  Look for signs and follow the directions  from the star above.

Lady Magda is looking to have a couple of classes added: games and filking.

In service to the Shire, the Kingdom and the Dream
Lady Ginevra de'Rossi
Seneschal