Re: Question please (fwd)

Poster: greytom@juno.com

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:10:30 -0600 (CST) clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)
writes:

>Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)
>
>> Poster: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby@erols.com>
>>
>> What would happen to a nobleman if it was discovered that his mother
>had
>> an affair and he was conceived other than by his noble father?
>Thank
>> you so very much for your patience to my questions and time.
>
>If he discovered it first? Possibly keep it under wraps; possibly
>even get rid of the evidence.
>
>Otherwise? Who knows? Brazen it out, and hope that it blows over?
>Challenge the bearer of such news to a duel? Sue? All of these
>are legitimate choices.
>
>Pedro
>--

It would also depend on the family.  If the noble had a younger sibling
who was legitimate, then they could make a case that they should inheret
the title.  Also, if that noble was unpopular and did not have much
political power, his neighbors could go to a higher authority and try and
have his lands taken away, since his claim to them was not legitimate.

Thomas