Revised Mid-Winter's Tale Event announcement

Poster: Steven Schretzmann <brisbane@groupz.net> (by way of Doug and Maria Munitz)

			A Mid-Winter's Tale

	Thanksgiving is over and the mid-Winter holidays are right around the
corner. Take advantage of this opportunity to relax and join us for a truly
laid back event.
	On December 12, the Shire of Border Vale Keep will present its
quasi-annual Mid-Winters Tale. We will be entertaining ourselves with a
continuous bardic circle, conversations, singing and music (bring your
instrument of choice).  There will be all kinds of dancing, and games
(bring your boards and anything else you'll need. Got a favorite game?
Teach it!), and in true SCAdian tradition, there will be FOOD, a pot-luck
feast. The Shire will supply a turkey and a ham. Lady Ginevra de'Rossi has
volunteered to host her famous hot beverage bar. The rest is up to us!
	In addition,  there will also be a Newcomer's Welcome Party
directed by our Chatelaine, Lady Diana Francesca della Mirandola.

Fighters can participate in a Bear Pit Tourney.

Arts and Sciences will have two competitions: a poetry contest based on a
theme and words to be given out at the event, and a bring your best cookie
from home competition. Bring plenty for the judges, and for dessert
afterwards.
Judges needed. Merchants welcome.

	Site Fees:
	$5.00 for adults
	$2.50 for children 6-12
	Children under 6 are our guests
This is a Pot-luck Feast, so bring a dish that will feed at least 6 people.
	The site is the New Ellenton Civic Center on Myrtle Street in New
Ellenton, SC. This is a wet site, so no original containers of any kind,
please. No pets.
Please send reservations to the autocrat.

Autocrat: Lady Magda Laurens
	Pam Smith
	391C Ridge Crossing
	Martinez, GA 30907
	(706) 855-5271
	brisbane@ groupz.net
Co-autocrat:  Lady Ginevra  de'Rossi
	Maria Munitz
	1807 Cheryl Dr.
	Augusta   Ga   30906
	(706) 798-3939
	ginevra@bellsouth.net
Chatelaine: Lady Diana Francesca
	Kathy Crow
	(706) 796-1590
	crownet@groupz.net
Directions:
>From Augusta- Take 278 to the stoplight at Hwy. 19, make a left and continue
to New Ellenton. Drive about 1-1/2 miles, make a right just passed Goodman
Chevrolet Camperland. Just passed Goodman's Chevrolet Camperland there is a
small street (look for SCA sign), turn right and look for the Civic Center on
the left.
>From points east- Take best way to Hwy. 19 in Aiken (you can get there from
U.S. 78), drive through Aiken and continue on to New Ellenton. Drive until you
see Goodman's Chevrolet Camperland  and take a left onto the little street
just before it.  Turn right and look for the Civic Center on the left