Cursing

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

These insults are not necessarily from the late 1200s, but they are cool.

Unlicked bear's whelp!

Runagate!  Whoreson jackanapes!  Dog hole!  Puke-stocking!  Unpaved
eunuch, mad mustachioed purple-hued maltworm!

Soused gurnet, starved snake!  King of codpieces!  Embossed carbuncle,
rump-fed runyon!  Pustulent whey-faced maggot-pie!  Pussbucket!

Peace, good tickle-brain!

Sweep on, you fat and greasy citizens!

O viper vile!

Every day that comes, comes to decay a day's work in him.

You speak an infinite deal of nothing!

I never see thy face but I think upon Hell-fire!

You crusty botch of nature!

All the above are from Shakespeare, taken from
_Shakespeare's Insults_, Wayne F. Hill & Cynthia J. O"ttchen, Mainsail
Press (Queen's College, Cambridge, and Ann Arbor, Michigan; 1991, 1994)
ISBN 0 9518684 0 3

Insultingly,

Dafydd