Re: Pennsic Issues

Poster: Logan and/or Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

"Malone, N." wrote:

> Poster: nix@iolinc.net (Malone, N.)
>
> For 6 years now I have heard the praises of Pennsic.  From my husband
> and friends.  I personally have been active in the SCA for about 18
> months.  Recently I decided to try Pennsic this year.  This was a big
> decision for me as I have NEVER camped out, but it sounds like a good
> time.  At least it did until recently.  I average an event every other
> weekend and in all of those events I have never come across the horrors
> that have been discussed here as going on at Pennsic.  Is it really that
> bad?? or is it being blown out of proportion??  I have read the letter
> that has been in discussion and must say that I find nothing in that
> letter (other than the "court" part) that is not already a large part of
> what goes on at events on a regular basis.  I personally can see a need
> for some type of control when there are 10,000+ people gathered in a
> small area.  These rules seem to be "common sense" or "understood"
> decisions concerning conduct.  Is it just because it is in writing that
> there is all this fuss or am I missing something really big here?  It
> just seems that there is a lot being said about nothing (IMO, which is
> just that, MY opinion).
>
> Please forgive me if this offends anyone, that is not the purpose of
> this.
>
> Rowanna of Rathmore

If you follow the rules that are established for participation at an SCA
event, and, the few additional ones that are Pennsic specific (i.e. no
fireworks, be quiet in certain areas at certain times, etc.) you will ask
yourself what the hell all these people were panicking about.  It is loads
of fun, a little hot, but still a blast.

Warmest regards,

Duke Logan

--

Vis,  Fortitudo, Prudentia