off topic urban legend humor was (It's all a hoax to me...) long

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

Sorry if this offends those that wish on topic only but
it was pretty funny!

-------------------------

>Remember when we got those crazy e-mails about the
kidney being removed or
>the one about not sticking your finger in the pay
phone slot because someone
>was putting HIV infected needles in the slot.  Well,
someone was smart
>enough to put all of those crazy e-mails together and
it is hillarious!

> This is true! I know the guy who sent it to me.
>
> I know this guy whose neighbor's brother's friend, a
young man, was home
recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket
of Kentucky Fried
Chicken. So anyway, one day he went to sleep and
when he awoke he was in his bathtub and it was full of
ice and he was sore
all over. When he got out of
the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEYS HAD BEEN STOLEN
and he
saw a note on his mirror that said "Call 911!"

> But he was afraid to use his phone because it was
connected to his
computer, and there was a virus on
his computer that would destroy his hard drive if he
opened an e-mail
entitled "Join the crew!" He knew
it wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer
programmer who was
working on software to save
us from Armageddon when the year 2000
rolls around. His program will prevent a global
disaster in which all the
computers get together and
distribute the $600 Neiman Marcus cookie recipe under
the leadership of Bill
Gates. (It's true-I read it all
last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who
was also promising
me a free
Disneyworld vacation and $5,000 if I would forward the
e-mail to everyone I
know.)

> The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone
to report his missing
kidneys, but reaching into
the coin-return slot he got jabbed with an HIV-infected
needle around which
was wrapped a note that
said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS." Luckily he was
only a few blocks from
the hospital-the one,
actually, where that little boy who is dying of cancer
is, the one whose
last wish is for everyone in the
world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer
Society has agreed to
pay
him a nickel for every e-mail he receives. I sent him
two e-mails and one of
them was a bunch of x's
and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and
forward it to twenty
people you will have good luck
but if you forward it to only ten people you will only
have OK luck and if
you send it to less than ten
people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).

> So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the
hospital, but on the
way he noticed another car
driving along without his lights on. To be helpful, he
flashed his lights at
it and was promptly shot as part
of a gang initiation. And it's a little-known fact that
the Y1K problem
caused the Dark Ages.