EK: History Channel

Poster: James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain <alasdair.maciain@snet.net>

Forwarded from the EK list at the request of the writer:

>From: "John J. McLaughlin II" <johnymac2@hotmail.com>
>To: SCA-EAST@indra.com
>Subject: EK: History Channel
>Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:52:16 PST
>
>-Poster: "John J. McLaughlin II" <johnymac2@hotmail.com>
>
>To all whom may have in intrest in such, the History Channel is running
>a program at 9pm tonight about the developement of armor.  Last nite was
>the evolution of the sword, Very impressive.  I don't know what else is
>part of the series, but I'm going to try to buy the tapes....
>
>On the same note,  I'm trying to locate a sword, called the Arming
>Sword, with a tan leather hilt.  I've checked with Swords' n' Stuff
>online and with their vendor.  Chivilary Sports used to have it,  2
>catalogs ago.  The hilt style has changed to one wrapped with black cord
>or one with two-tone hardwood, depending on where the blade was made.
>I'm trying to locate the leather wrapped hilt style that has been
>discontinued, and I'm hopeing one of the merchants who reads this list
>has one in stock, none of the vendors I've tried has it any longer.
>Would anyone who is subscribed to the other kingdom lists foreward this
>on?  Thank you all,
>

>Seon o' Loughlin
>Shire of Quintavia
>Kingdom of the East
>
>"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers..."  "Henry V"

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable