febuary's meeting of the cooks and poisoners guild

sorry again for the wide distribution, I think this will be the last time

greetings cooks and poisoners,

just in case I wasn't clear, what we do is we look up a recipe (period hopefully but not always. you get extra points for research) and you cook it at home, and then you bring it to the meeting (when I say meeting I mean potluck) then we all sit around and eat like pigs.  we also talk about cooking, teach cooking, threaten to poison kings (not our own of course) and sometimes gossip (mind you I don't do the gossip part but I understand others do)

ok the meeting is at 17:00est (ok that's 5 o'clock pm) on sunday the 21th of febuary (I got the date wrong before) and the theme for this meeting is that there is no theme.  you can bring your favorite period dish.  please bring any recipes that you use with you to share.

warning:  although many vegetable dishes are served the point of this group is PERIOD dishes.  PERIOD dishes often had meat and/or meat by-products in them.  they also didn't much concern themselves with things like alergies or diets.  several vegetarians have come to the meetings and have plenty to eat, but just in case you have been warned.

additional warning: members are known to use garlic, meat, onions, mushrooms, milk, eggs, things with fat and cholesterol, and a variety of spices.  if you are allergic to anything please let us known so we can warn you what is in what dish.

ok to new people to our group, although the thrust of our group is to cook period dishes and then share them, we understand that there are going to be people who want to join in but don't have any recipes, or do think they are good cooks, or if they don't bring a fully documented dish we won't let them in.  well don't be intimidated, we want you to come.  cook your favorite dish if you don't have period sources.  if you want to learn to cook but you aren't there yet go to the deli at the grocery store and buy a roasted chicken.  almost every culture in period ate roasted fowl.  then once you join we can start teaching you.

if you want to come in garb, go ahead but we don't normally do so.

directions  we live off of Rte 55 in Holly Springs

from the north come south on rte1 to rte 55 or from the north west come straight down rte 55 as you travel south you will leave Apex and then enter Holly Springs, and then leave Holly Springs and actually see a "Welcome to Fuquay-Varina" sign on the right, shortly thereafter you will see a small paint store on the left then the intersection of rte 55 and Old Powell Rd, turn right, after abut 1/4mile there will be a sharp turn to the left, about 1/4 mile after the sharp turn you will intersect with Little Beaverdam Ct, turn right.  we are the second house on the right.  it is a 2-story white house with a stand-alone 2-car garage.

from the south take your best route to rte 55 and Fuquay Varina, continue north on rte 55, as you leave town you will see the Fuquay High School on the right then you will see a BP store on the left, then shortly after that you will come to the intersection of 55 and Old Powell (there is a paint store on the right just past the intersection) turn left onto Old Powell, after abut 1/4mile there will be a sharp turn to the left, about 1/4 mile after the sharp turn you will intersect with Little Beaverdam Ct, turn right.  we are the second house on the right.  it is a 2-story white house with a stand-alone 2-car garage.