Re: IMPORTANT: Atlantian Univeristy Hotel Notice

Poster: Kevin of Thornbury <kevin@maxson.com>

"Stapelton, Gregory" wrote:

> Remember:  UNIVERSITY IS BEING HELD ON A
> RACE WEEKEND!  This means that if you will need a room, you most probably
> will not be able to find a room that weekend within 50 to 100 miles of the
> site if you don't get one now.
>
> Hotel Contact Information:
>
> Comfort Inn
> 735 NC 24/27 Bypass E
> Albemarle, NC  28001
> 704-983-6990
>
> Lion Inn
> 2312 US Hwy 52 N
> Albemarle, NC  28001
> 704-982-8194
>
> YIS,
> Gawain Kilgore

Unfortunately, he's dead right.  I can't make it to University (Ponte
Alto Birthday is the same day) for the first time in a few years
personally.

I remember a trip home from North Carolina I started off late, and tried
to get a room in Richmond.  But there was a race going on the next day.
I was dead tired, and I physically drove to *every* hotel in *every*
city from Richmond to Fredericksburg to Warrenton -- EVERYTHING WAS SOLD
OUT.  I finally just got some caffeine and drove home.

So please listen to Gawain - you will not get a hotel within *100 MILES*
if you don't reserve now.

[Can you tell I was left scarred by the experience?]
_____
 \_/   kevin@maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org