Re: Introduction Protcol

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, David Bradley wrote:

>        I have just found my way to the SCA and the Kingdom of Atlantia.
>      I crave counsel on the proper response when meeting people and being
>      asked my name.
>      do I give my chosen SCA name (even though it hasn't been approved by
>      the Heralds yet)
>      or my mundane name or both?

It's preferred at events that you give your medieval name, unless you are
specifically asked your mundane name (i.e., you need to provide legal
identity), regardless of whether or not you have a registered name with
the College of Heralds.  And, of course, it gives you an opportunity to
be in character: "Why, I am Bro'ccan ap Dafydd!  You have not heard of

Istvan Dragosani
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972