Mercenary Wanted

Poster: Mark Mettler <mettler@bulloch.net>

Your most recent thread started by Duncan was indeed very humorous, and
interesting.

>From a historical perspective, hired soldiers were the norm from Roman
times through the middle ages, and so it should not be foreign to anyone
who has looked closely into the history of their characters.

And so in keeping with the Historical Reenactment portion of our
Society.... [In Persona]

I Gryffri de Newmarch, of the Forth Castle of Meridies to hereby summon
and call all valiant and honorable fighting into my employ for Village
Raids to be held in the Kingdom of Meridies, March 19-21.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/1503/village.html

To fight for my name and my house in a time of much need.  My wife being
great with child and my own army fighting for the Crusades of our Lord
and Savior afar off I have left my household unprotected from the
raiding Celts who would destroy all with their heathen ways, looting the
villages, stealing my flocks, disgracing our Abby and causing great
havoc through this land.

I do call for all, that I might have a legion to defeat the horde that
does disgrace my lands.  Join me under my banner that all may know that
Gryffri de Newmarch id defender of the Faith, Sovereign of the King and
a man of honor among the Christians who defend these lands.

Signed by my hand and sealed with my signet,
Gryffri de Newmarch
Signet: Per fess embattled argent and azure, a griffon rampant sable
and a cross moline argent.

--
"il est bon de frotter et limer notre cervelle contre celle d'autrui."