Before the flames begin: was Re: Cookies and Mercs

Poster: vtaltos@earthlink.net

Good gentles of Atlantia...
	I shall preface this with the following information.  I *am* an
Atlantian.. and ever shall be so within my heart.  My training is
Atlantian, my calibration levels are Atlantian, my attitudes of Chivalry
are taught by an Atlantian... even though I now reside within those very
Debatable Lands that are Pittsburgh.
	Now.. the comment that M'Lord Gryffri states is also one which I have
heard.  Often.  Whether it be his own opinion or not is irrelevant;
there is indeed a perception, at least in these lands where I now
reside, that Atlantians hit harder and take harder than any other
Kingdom in the Knowne worlde.  This perception is oftimes regarded as
being both unchivarous and "rhinolike."  When I have identified myself
as recently of Atlantia, or describe the origin of my blue squire's
belt, many have been the looks of disdain and comments heard that were
similar to those related.
	I am sure we all, as his good Grace Logan has so wondrously
Illustrated, can name multiple times and places where Atlantians have
distinguished themselves as Honorable, Chivalrous and Skillful warriors.
However, as many people there exist that witness such acts, ten times
more are raised to stories of the EEVIL Rhino herd thundering to the
South <north, east, etc.>  Rumor is as rumor does, and shall always
spread faster than wildfires and smell worse than newly fertilized
fields.
	I have held discourse with certain of the Chivalry of Aethelmearc when
they have approached me with their concerns.  For my part, I can only do
my best to comport myself in these wild lands, with the best Honor I
know, do honor to he who squired me by living thru his code of Chivalry,
and be a living counterpoint to those vile rumors running down our
Kingdom.  As for how the Kingdom wishes to respond?  That is, as always,
up to the individual fighters and Royalty of fair Atlantia.  But please,
good gentles of Atlantia, try not to flame poor Gryffri too badly, for
burning the messenger at the stake can do little to further any
reputation of Chivalry and Honor... can it?
	For those of Atlantia who wish to have specific instances of such
things, or to discuss these events further, feel free to contact me
privately, as I would like to paint the picture of the situation as
completely as I may, to be as fair as possible to all...
	As always, In Service to the Dream..
	Malcolm