Re: Cookies and Mercs

Poster: Logan and/or Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

> Curiously, I see a parallel between this thread and the "Principality, why do
> you want to leave?" thread of last fall.

There, I hope, is no such similarity for courtesies sake.  When I asked the same
sort of question on the Principality list I was attacked both publicly and
privately by those with names and by those COWARDS that set up their little
"hotmail", "Yahoo" , and other type accounts to flood my mailbox with their
hateful remarks.  Others that posted with similar questions were treated in a
shameful manner, publicly.  Privately I can only assume that they got more than I.

> One way to respond to questions of
> this type is to turn it back to the asker..."Why do you think this to be the
> case?"

Not so.  There is one true rule of debate.  That is, you may not question the
questioner.  You may either answer the question or state that you refuse to answer
it or ask them to clarify the question.  In this type of situation if you ask them
"why do you think this is the case?" prior to answering their question you have
only conveyed that you have no idea, no opinion, or you distrust the question
because of your response.  I answered the question with my evidence to support
that this persons statement was more of a perception that they have. i gave
evidence to refute that position and I gave my opinion as to the reasoning behind
it.

> But perhaps in this situation, we need to ask ourself why others think
> Atlantia cheats rather than flailing around trying to provide evidence of why
> we think we don't.

I think we need to ask ourselves the following:

1. do we really care what they think of us
2. do we really cheat and are unchivalrous slobs on the field
3. how do we change their perception of our fighting and should we
4. is change a group effort or should I do something about it

> For what it's worth, whenever I have spoken of Atlantia's fighters with
> friends from other kingdoms, the univeral response I hear is, "they hit pretty
> hard".  I leave it to the reader to determine whether this is a compliment.
>
> -Vard

I think that we have spoken to the same people.  I can only offer this;

When in Rome....................I do

Logan

--

Vis,  Fortitudo, Prudentia