Re: Cookies and Mercs

Poster: Diane Stevens <nolarec@hwy5.net>

Mark Mettler wrote:

> Poster: Mark Mettler <mettler@bulloch.net>
>
> Glad you found a group that could accept you to fight with.  Mercenary
> or not, I am sure the cookies were much appreciated.  And now for my to
> toss in some peerless words of observation....
>
> Not being from Atlantia, and not having been to Pennsic when Atlantia
> fought with or for another kingdom I will say this about Atlantian
> fighters as a whole. (Mind you this is a generalization and mere
> observation and there are a few exceptions)
>
> "Unchivalrous Rhino hides!"  The only word an Atlantian knows on the
> list field..."Light", and "Huh?"
>
> Offended? Come to a Meridies event and prove any different. As I recall
> the Trimarians won't even fight with Atlantians for the very reasons I
> mentioned.
>
> Ducking for cover....
>
> Gryffri
>
> --
> "il est bon de frotter et limer notre cervelle contre celle d'autrui."

Milord Gryffri:

I have to state that I take exception to your gross generalizations
regarding the warriors of Atlantia.  As in any kingdom, there are
differences in blow acknowledgments from fighter to fighter and region
to region.  Perhaps you have been witness to some unchivalrous conduct.
Such things happen all over the Knowne World and are not endemic to
Atlantia.  However, to paint all Atlantian warriors with this same brush
does them a grave injustice, and reflects poorly on both your powers of
observation and your understanding of courtesy.  I fear that you also
give little credit to the Kingdom of Trimaris, in that you generalize
what they supposedly think of all Atlantian fighters.  I find this
attitude surprising considering we had a fine time with many Trimarians
just a few months ago when we attended a border skirmish in their
Kingdom.  Perhaps you have been listening to too much rumor and too
little fact.

For my part, having sat the throne of Atlantia three times, I have heard
mostly compliments on the warriors of Atlantia.  Gentles from many
Kingdoms, even Trimaris, and both Peer and non-Peer, have come to me and
said how much they were impressed not only with the skill of Atlantian
fighters, but also their courtesy on the fighting field.  I won't deny
that on occasion I have heard the negative, also, but this has happened
very seldom.

Milord, rather than ducking for cover, I hope you will sit up and open
your ears, eyes and your mind while pondering that of narrow thinking
sets the worst kind of example; in the end, it benefits none, and hurts
us all.

As it so happens, we are coming to a Meridies event very soon.  Perhaps
you will be attending Gulf Wars, as will we.  I have every faith that
Atlantia will perform as they always have, with grace and chivalry and
honor.

In Service to Atlantia,

Luned, Regina