Re: Cookies and Mercs

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> Your idea of the "warmer than us" climate of other Kingdoms is one
>that a
> lot of people hold.  However, let us deal with some facts.  Of the
>fighters
> from the two Kingdoms to the south of us that I have seen, fought,
>dealt
> with, met, etc. I would have to say that they easily wear as much
>armor as
> we do.  Further more, I wear less armor than 90% of the fighters that
>I run
> across from other kingdoms (as was recently pointed out as an "unfair"
> advantage) as do many other Atlantians.

Well, agreed, Your Grace.  I was talking in generalities, and while I
will freely admit that I have no personal evidence to back me up, and
happily bow to the direct experience you and others have, it seemed
reasonable to assume that, when taken as a whole, the fighters of a
Kingdom where the average temperature is 70 are likely to wear less on
the field than a comparable fighter of a Kingdom where the average
temperature is 50, and consequentially, the way they've learned how to
fight and calibrate themselves among their peers is likely to be
different as a result of those factors.

Not that it is the sole explanation for why some might have the
perception that Atlantians are "rhinohiding', but rather, just as a
single element that might go some ways toward explaining how that
perception has developed.

Julien