RE: Acknowledgement

Poster: Eli White <eliwhite@home.com>

At 09:12 AM 2/9/99 -0500, phillip jones wrote:

> I would be livid and furious were I to discover that he had gone easy on me
> in a tournament for any reason. It is, in my mind, an honor that he goes
> after me hard. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This discussion isn't about "going easy on people", or "going after people
hard" ...

It's purely about the force with which people hit, and which they accept as a
good blow.

People can still go out onto the field and 'fight hard', and 'not take it easy'
on people, without throwing excessivly forcefull blows.

Back when I was first trained to fight, in the area I was in, everyone fought
hard and never took it easy on anyone ... but I was taught how to throw a blow
and then snap it back just as it hits, thereby throwing a blow hard, having it
travel quickly, but then hit with only 'normal' force.

This was one of the main things that people checked when you were first
authorizing.  That you could throw a good quick blow without ringing the other
guys bell.

I've had to forget this training in Atlantia, and instead carry my blows
through transmitting ALL the force to the other person.

Siegfried