RE: Acknowledgement

Poster: "Christopher M Faulcon" <mfaulcon@or.atinc.com>

I don't think your analogy quite carries out. In practice, I am
concentrating on form, targeting, position, movement, follow-through, and
return; in tournament, I am concentrating on killing the poor bastard that
drew me in the list. The difference is that in practice, I throw a blow that
I think is a killing blow. In tournament, I throw a blow that anyone will
acknowledge as a killing blow.

There is no set force level below which it is too light, and above is too
hard. Acknowledgement is a range, beginning at 'just enough' and going up
through 'almost too much'. It's quite right, and expected, to throw at the
low end of good in practice, in order to conserve energy, and to work on
other aspects of fighting. It is also quite right, and expected. to throw on
the upper end of good in tournament, in order to assure the your opponent
has no question as to whether or not s/he was struck a telling blow.

Martin
Atlantia, Trimaris, etc...