Re: Acknowledgement

Poster: "Susan and Frank Downs" <sfdowns@pinn.net>

My Good Lord,

It seems to me that those who confer the value on heavy weapon fighting are
the kings and queens who are: heavy weapon fighters and those for whom they
have fought.  If you want to argue that the kings and queens aren't the ones
who made it so, I'd say you have to go back pretty far to begin to make your
case.  Also, may I reiterate that I'm not worried about being hit hard?
I've been hit pretty hard by some pretty big boys, and it doesn't bother me.
 I don't want to have to try to cream someone else to fight them
successfully.  I also think that the game is better when 'most anyone can
play regardless of their pain threshhold.  Finally, when I started fighting
blows were not typically thrown as hard, but we did, in fact, wear armor. My
helm and my breastplate, both of which date from the early eighties, are
both made of fourteen gauge steel.  I still feel quite safe in them.  So, we
did wear armor, we simply took lighter blows.  It seems like it's still that
way in some other kingdoms.  It just seems like a few highly influential
people started taking blows harder, and everyone else, mostly in
frustration, followed suit.  Now it seems like his Grace is trying to
justify this migration, which he may not even be aware of.  Well, it's bad
enough that it's happened, but I'm not just going to sit by and let anyone
say it's right or appropriate.

In weary but determined service,

Takenoshita Naro (m.k.a. Frank Downs)