Fiber Fest

Poster: SNSpies@aol.com

Hi to all.

On Saturday, 14 August 1999, the Susquehanna Farm Museum north of Havre de
Grace is holding its First Annual Fiber Fest.  The event will run from 10 a.m.
to 4 p.m. and be a day of demonstrating and teaching (no merchanting) with the
idea of introducing the general public to many different textile arts.
Already we have lined up weavers, spinners, dyers, quilters, basket makers,
chair caners, embroiderers, knitters, and crocheters.  We also will have a
potter making small drop spindles and hopefully the woodworking shop doing
something like making buttons from tree branches.

I would like to extend an invitation to textile artisans in Atlantia to attend
and demonstrate/teach your medieval/Renaissance arts.  I realize that this is
during High Holy Pennsic Week, but I also know that there are at least a
couple of us who aren't going who would enjoy a day in the country, wowing the
locals.  If you have a group of you who would like to participate and already
know what you'd like to do, that would be great.  I will try to structure this
somewhat as we would like as wide a representation of textile crafts as
possible.  Early textile crafts would be as welcome as later ones, so I'd love
to see both sprang and bobbin lace represented.

Please let me know if you are interested.  The manager of the museum is
currently working on an official flyer which I will send to you as soon as I
get a copy.  Your time and help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Nancy Spies (Ingvild)