Re: Courtly behavior

Poster: Franca Gorraz <francagorraz@home.com>

Galen wrote:
>                        cut...

 I have noticed over the last year or so a decline, in what I consider
to be
> one of the more important aspects of the SCA, atleast from my standpoint. To
> put it simply many of us who play now < not all> have forgotten the concept
> of, for lack of a better term, Courtly Love or the Cult of the Lady.

                    more gentle words cut...

      However, it is a 2 way street. The Ladies do
> need to be worthy of the pedestal we should place them on acting with grace
> and dignity.

Gentle my Lord,

It pained me to excise a single word of your thoughtful message.
Tahnk you, thank you.  I have been lucky, perhaps, in my three years
of belonging to our group, for I have ben shown much courtesy and still
I do receive it at most events I go to: even at Bright Hills Baronial
Birthday, last Saturday, I was not able to unload a single item, our own
Baron and my son and two other lords made it so that I walked into the
hall, very humbled by their graciousness, carrying nothing heavier than
a tiny pouch...but I do thank yuo from the bottom
of my heart for your words, for indeed courtesy, and yes, a two-ways
courtesy, is what gives us those moments of beauty that we cherish and
revel in, it is what makes our newcomers ligth up and wish to make this
beauty theirs too.

I hope one day to meet you at an event, and to be able to raise my
goblet to your health.

In service,

Lady Eleonora Salutati, Chatelaine of Bright Hills   / Franca Gorraz
francagorraz@home.com