and what about the chivalry of women?

Poster: Scarlett Goode <elfgoode@netunlimited.net>

Good Gentles,

    Earlier today, Rhiannon mentioned that she has had some experiences
in which the lords have NOT been as chivalrous as they could - carrying
heavy pots, setting up for crown, etc.  - which also leads me to ask,
where were the good ladies of the court?  While it is always pleasant
for a gentle lord to offer assisstance, does the same not hold true for
the ladies as well?  Can we not set as helpful an example?  I have
found, as a newbie, that one can meet the most interesting and wonderful
people just by saying, "Hey! May I help you with that?"  In Rhiannon's
case, two baronesses assisted her (or she was assisting them, as the
case may have been), setting a good example but that others did not
choose to follow.

    While the feeling of being treated courteously by men is indeed
pleasant, there is a certain special bond between women who,
shoulder-to-shoulder, work together on a task.  I think it is important
to remember and respect that connection as well.

Lady Elsa
(who sure does talk a lot today!)