Re: Courtly behavior

Poster: "Rowanwald Central" <rownwald@gte.net>

  <<snip>> ... or ignore his half of the open door
and open the other side herself? (How many times have I opened my own
door, when there was a perfectly nice man holding the other one - only
because I was preoccupied in my own thoughts, or was so surprised by the
offer that it threw me off?)

  Do you know what I love? Buildings with double-door entries. The
gentleman, longer-legged than I, inevitably reaches the door before me and
holds it open. I sail through, saying "why, thank you", and then can reach
the NEXT door before he lets go of his, so that I have the treat of holding
one open for him.... equality via modern design....

Rosine