Re: Most Courtly- name 'em

Poster: Smithers <ladyemma@mindspring.com>

As Daemon's lady i thank you on his behalf.  I might add that at our
wedding he gave lessons on hem kissing and groveling before a lady to
Lord Richard so anyone wanting to learn those fine arts should contact
Daemon.

on a more serious note

as a Kingdom (note i've never been anywhere else so i don't speak of the
society as
a whole, Pennsic being another world) we have been missing part of the
game, the wonderment
of recreation.  Monday through Friday I'm mundane.  I do what I need to do
to get to the
weekend where I'm not another employee or another student.  I'm a Lady.
I'm treated
with honor and respect.  I in turn treat others with respect.  I have
learned that
if i'm carrying a basket and a lord is walking next to me and I don't allow
him to assist me
that I'm making him appear uncouth and uncourtly.

I think perhaps gentle lords have been given a raw deal.  By refusing to
allow courtly behavior ladies deny them the opportunity to show their
skills at the gentler pursuits.

Emma
silly mode back on-
"i'm just toooooo delicate to carry this li'l ol' basket. Milord would you
be ever so kind and
tote it to the field for me?" <eyelash bat>

-end

The Phoenicians were not great philosophers... they pondered the simpler
questions, like "If I stick this spear in you, can I take your stuff?",
"Do you have relatives that would be mad if I took your stuff?", and
"Can my relatives beat up your relatives?"
(c) Doug Robarchek