alcohol at events

Poster: "Mohajerin, Leila" <mohaj001@onyx.dcri.duke.edu>

(stepping on soapbox)
Yes, many people consider the evening revels to be a major draw to
events.  Maybe people consider alcohol to be a main ingredient for
socialization.  Even to the point that they will pass on attending an
event at a dry site.
That is all their personal choice.
However, alcohol consumption by minors is against the law!
We are all responsible for adhering to and enforcing this law.
I was the autocrat for an event this past weekend.  I was on site the
whole time and locatable.  However, to my dismay, on Monday, I found out
that several minors had been drinking at this event. No one stopped
them.  Some even gave them the stuff to drink.  I know of one who felt
unsupported in her efforts to stop another adult giving a young lady
some JD!
This practice makes us all responsible.  It makes unpleasantness for non
involved SCAdians (my apologies to the people who had to share the
cabin).  It endangers our use of the sites in the future.  It looses the
support of parents that allow their teens to attend events.  And it is
against the law.
So, for all your concerns on Chivalrous behavior, please help this
mundane law to be honored at our events.  Do not give alcohol to minors.
Stop them if they are drinking, or bring it to the attention of someone
who can.  If someone asks you to back them up in this matter, please
lend your support.

(Stepping down and shutting up)
Sveva la Lucciola