Re: cloved fruit and chivalry--well, just cloved fruit

Poster: Rutlands@aol.com

    Long ago in Storvik Baroness Elaina & Baron Kay had a cloven fruit
contest.  Most unusual, most outrageous...you get the drift.  The prize was
for the construction, not the hand-off...  Baroness Elaina was well known for
her story of Sven, the Mighty Hunter, and his love for Sieglinde at the King's
court.  Her hair was like silk, her eyes blue, her breasts like apples...all
the usual Scandinavian similes.  In the course of Sven's wanderings he met
Sieglinde the farmer's daughter-- "her hair was not like silk...more
like...straw.  And her eyes were not the blue of the sea, they were... well,
brown.  And her breasts were not like apples... but watermelons don't grow in
Norway..."
     So I bought a watermelon.  Let me tell you, predrilling with an ice pick
helps.  Elaina thought I had brought in dessert until I flipped it over, and
there in cloves was written, "but watermelons don't grow in Norway".  The
reaction was gratifying.  James of Rutland