Re: Blacks in Period

Poster: achbar@bellsouth.net (James Morrow)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:23:25 -0500, you wrote:

>   http://www.interlog.com/~kms/Skeldergate/lib-blacklives.txt
>
>It's an article entitled "THE LIVES OF BLACK PEOPLE DURING THE MIDDLE AGES
>AND
>RENAISSANCE: A BIBLIOGRAPHY", by Kristine Maitland.
>

>Alasdair mac Iain

Thanks.  When I first joined the SCA...I thought being a Black Viking
was silly.  Then I went to Pennsic and met a guy from the east Kingdom
named  Sven.  A fine Black Viking of blind parents.  he pulled it off
well.
   Scottish was my next choice.  I felt this was odd.  I could never
ever pull this off. And having my parents see me in a Kilt would take
alot of  explaining.   I dismissed this idea at once.  Then I met Krey
MacCloud at Pennsic.He was from the East Kingdom.  People say we favor
each other...but I don't see it

   The last obvious choice was Moorish.   So...here I am today.   This
page you posted is useful.

Achbar

Achbar