Re: The Taxman Cometh

Poster: "Mario M. Butter" <mbutter@silent-tower.org>

On 21 Feb, Elrick Whitewolf wrote:
> Although they (taxes) are a necessary evil, everyone I have ever
> spoken to hates paying them. Indeed, I hate paying for anything unless
> it comes with the guarantee "Approved for use in all Kingdoms".

They are evil, but hardly necessary. This country got along quite until
the 1930s with NO income tax, and for many years after that with a
purely voluntary income tax (no one had to pay, they could pay if they
wished).

--
Mario

Mario M. Butter             |GAT d-- H-- s:+ !g !p au !a w+++ v- C++++
mbutter@silent-tower.org    |UL++++ P++ L+++ 3- E--- N+++ K--- W--- M-- V--
mmbutter@erols.com          |-po+ Y++ t+++ 5+++ jx R+ G'' tv++ b+++ D B---
#include <std_disclaimer.h> |e+ u** h---- f?  r+++ !n y** GeekCode v2.1

http://surf.to/tower/
fax: 1.815.846.8572

Useless Invention: Braille TV remote control.