Re: lucets

Poster: "Rowanwald Central" <rownwald@gte.net>

> Poster: "Rebecca Stidam" <arianwen76@hotmail.com>
>
> Can anyone suggest any books, texts, web sites, etc where one could find
> documentation on LUCETS?  Any responses would be greatly appreciated and
> can be directly emailed to me.
>
> Arianwen ferch Angharad

Various books on British Viking sites show a picture of a tiny bone tool
with two "horns" - easy to recognize as a lucet. The picture is fairly
common. Other photos or documentation I've not been able to find (except
for two sweet-bags dated 1600-1650 and 1610 that have lucetted cord to
close them, and which are, go figure, no longer on display because they're
being restored....)

   Not much help, but that's all I've got.

Rosine