Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:45:13 -0600
From: Wes Will <wwill@siu.edu>
To: SCAHRLDS@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: Re: disturbing message

>>quite worrisome hoax, or there is a very legitimately worried
>>individual in
>>South Dakota.....
>
>Do you want this cross-posted to other lists, Eoin?

Please.

hoaxes and scam artists around, and they do use email now.  Always be wary.

Thus far, and after considerable in-person digging by telephone, this one
meets NO criterion for a scam.  No money has been asked nor even mentioned.
 It's an extremely simple problem, and getting simpler by the moment.

A 26 or 27 year old young man left South Dakota on or about the 29th of
January, leaving word with a sister that he was going to an SCA event of
some sort in the Phoenix, Arizona area.  He has not been heard from since.
His followup destination was to be in the area of Idaho near the Washington
border, which would be in the area of his grandparents, who have not heard
from him either.

If anyone has any knoweldge of the whereabouts of one "Bruce Kenoyer" since
approximately 29 January, please contact me post haste.  His mother
believes him probably to be dead.

Once again, no moneys have been asked.  No complicated, convoluted stories
have been told.  "I found your web pages and email; have you any idea how I
would go about asking for information about my son?" is the sum total so far.

Eoin Caimbeul