What does it mean?

Poster: Michael Surbrook <susano@dedaana.otd.com>

I have read that the name 'Grendel' from the poem "Beowulf" roughly
translates to 'grinder'.  Does anyone here know if that is true, or
if there is an established meaning for the name?

Thank you.

Michael Limner, esq.

--
Michael Surbrook - susano@otd.com - http://www.otd.com/~susano/index.html

  "...Nothing is a coincidence if it happens to bolster the conclusions we
 already seek.  This is how we professionals discover the messages hidden in
                  seemingly disparate objects or events."
                             James Finn Garner