Re: Cap of maintenance? (was Pelican Cloaks) (fwd)

Poster: Jim Trigg <jtrigg@hoflink.com>

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999 JBRMM266@aol.com wrote:

> Seems to me that a suitable cap of maintenance for Laurels would be with the
> brim lined in a pattern of leaves.  In one kingdom they had a sumptuary for
> mantles of all the peerages; I recall that the mantles of Pelican cloaks were
> patterned with feathers, those of Laurels with leaves, and those of Knights
> with golden links, as of chain.

This sounds reasonable.  I meant to comment on Pedro's note, but
accidentally deleted it: while Plumetty argent is meaningless, I figured
that what they meant was "Argent plumetty, gutty de sang."  This (as Pedro
knows) would mean that the feather outlines would be red, like the drops.

Blaise