updated Sacred Stone Novice Tourney/Investiture Flyer

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

REMEMBER: This is a Baronial event not a Canton event.  Group Hotel Rates
end by Apr 2nd.

-----------
The Barony of Sacred Stone invites one and all to Sacred Stone's Baronial
Investiture and Novice Tourney

The Site is West Mecklenburg Highschool and is a BONE DRY SITE!

It is a bittersweet time for Sacred Stone as we say thank you to Baroness
Rachel de Johnstone for a job well done and welcome our new Baron and
Baroness.  Please come to join us in the barony of the Sacred Stone and help
celebrate Investiture and our Novice Tourney.  The day is destined to be
full of fighting and merriment.

TO ENTER HEAVY WEAPONS form Novice Tourney you must qualify with these
specifics: 2 years or less of experience in your particular weapons form, 1
year or less experience with sword and shield.  TO ENTER RAPIER Novice
Tourney you must be authorized for 2 years or less in any form.  We also
hope to have time for other fighting after the main tourney (possible
pickups etc. - details following).

THE A&S is a general open competition.  If you've just started working on a
particular skill in the last year you may enter.  Categories are any
category accepted in the Kingdom Arts Festival.  If you plan on entering an
unusual category please contact the autocrat.  It may help with the judging.
There will also be an open display.  There will be a few classes scattered
throughout the day.  Check at troll for specifics.

There will also be a "poison contest" to extend throughout the day.  At
troll you will be assigned a colored ribbon to wear on your arm.  Green
means you're playing.  Gold means you're playing with an alternate to
almonds.  No ribbon means you're not playing. The idea is to "poison" your
intended by placing their almond somewhere in their food or drink.  If their
lips touch what contains the almond, they are poisoned.  They do not have to
eat the almond to be poisoned.  The dead person  must surrender their ribbon
to you.  The player that collects the most ribbons by the end of the day is
the winner.  Included in this poison game is a Best Death competition.
Those who die the most entertainingly for the populace will also win a
prize.  (Ribbons and poison received at troll.)

An incredible FEST will be provided by Matsudaira Toshiyori (John Sellers).
A simple lunch will also be provided.  Please contact him for any dietary
concerns at: 4050-E Huntingreen Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27106 (336)
760-9136, e-mail jsellers@cris.com  NO calls after 10:00 pm.

RESERVATIONS before April 5th on board: $8.00, off board $4.00.  At the door
$11.00 on board, $5.00 off board.  For Reservations please contact: Lady
Deborah la Viaggiatrice (Deborah Stapleton)  Mailing address: 2525 Dogwood
Circle, Charlotte,NC 28208 Phone: (704)394-3302 (No calls after 11:00pm).
Merchants are welcome.

There is a hotel with 1 block of rooms but crash space is recommended.
Please contact the (Lady Rebecca the Contrary - 704-924-9236) for directions
to crash space.  Many spots for crash space are available.  If you prefer a
hotel, the Days Inn will have a block of rooms available.  The phone number
is (704) 525-5500 and mention SCA.  Price is $49.00 for Queen and $59.00 for
King or double until Fri April 2nd.  Please call hotel for directions.

Directions to the Site: From  I77.  Take exit 6B (Billy Graham\Woodlawn
exit). Turn Towards the airport.  Follow Billy Graham until it becomes
MulBerry Church.  Mulberry Church ends at Tuckaseegee Road.  Turn left on
Tuckaseegee and the school is on your right.

>From I-85 take exit 32 (Little Rock Road) southbound turn right, northbound
turn left onto Little Rock. At the next intersection (Tuckeseegee) turn left
(at the Eckerd Drugs) and go 1/2 mile past Wilson Middle School.  West Meck
is on your right.