Re: Company of the Banner, or what the heck was my augmentation? (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

Blaise, Ponte Alto:

> Rhiannon, Triton:
>
> > Augmentations are granted by the Crown and can be displayed in a number of
> > manners.  One such way is to place them "in canton" on your device.  This
> > means putting them in the upper left (as you are facing the device) corner.
> >  Another way is to display them as a crest atop a helm.  Master Herveus?
> > Would you care to comment on other ways to use augmentations?
>
> Actually, as I understand it, the Crown grants an augmentation, but the
> form is set by the College of Arms. I find no registered armory associated
> with "Banner, Company of the" as of October.

Hm. I do believe you're right. Is the name registered? In that
case, the holder of the household name could submit a badge of
that design to Golden Dolphin.

Pedro, Drakkar

--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html