Re: Tax deductable?

Poster: Labaran@aol.com

You should really check futher.  I have this from the H&R Block(head)
book...

"In general, qualified organizations are nonprofit groups that are
religious, charitable, educational (may apply), scientific, or literary in
nature or that seeks to prevent cruelty to animals or children.  To be
recognized as a charitable organization, an organization generally must
apply to the IRS for an exempt status."  Do we know that this has been
done?

"DUES.  Dues, fees, or assesments you pay to qualified organizations to
the extent they exceed the monetary value of the benefits and privleges you
receive in return."

We all benefit and have fun at the same time but I don't think the dues
exceed the monetary value of the benefits and privleges we all receive from
the SCA.  I think this should be submitted to the Society or Board for
clarification.

Yours in Service,

Sorcha MacAuslan