[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Known World Heraldic Symposium
- To: email@example.com, ansteorra@Ansteorra.ORG, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, CALONTIR@crcvms.unl.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, SCAHRLDS@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
- Subject: Known World Heraldic Symposium
- From: Sven Norén <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 17:10:50 +0100 (WET DST)
- Reply-To: Sven Norén <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster: Sven =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nor=E9n?= <email@example.com>
The 1999 Known World Heraldic Symposium
...is hosted by the Shire of Aros in Drachenwald (mundanely Uppsala, Sweden).
The event is scheduled for June 10-13th 1999, at the Uppsala University
International Training Center, Ovre Slottsgatan 1, Uppsala (conveniently
located right in-between the Castle, Cathedral, and the University Library,
with several museums within ten minutes walk).
Those traveling to the event from overseas, please note that the Drachenwald
Coronation is scheduled for the following weekend, June 18th--20th. It is
going to be in the British Isles.
The symposium runs over the weekend. On Friday there will be visits to the
manuscript collection of the university library and to the archive of
Swedish Medieval Personal Names, with guided tours of the castle and the
cathedral as well if there is sufficient interest. Saturday is the symposium
proper, with lectures and seminars. Saturday evening a traditional SCA
banquet. Sunday morning a Laurel Roadshow Meeting.
The site fee will be about 100:- SEK per person. Rooms at the training
center, there are 27 of them, costs 419:- SEK for single and 591:- SEK for
double occupancy per night, breakfast included. Lunches, as well as dinner
Thursday and Friday, will be at any of the restaurants in the area. The
banquet will cost about 250:- SEK, including beer and wine (or non-alcoholic
beverages as requested). The banquet will be at a separate site, the
Vastgota students club. The hall is not totally period, only the basement is.
Autocrat is Frithiof Skegge, contact him for more information and
registration. Send paper mail to: Sven Noren, Lindsbergsgatan 4C, SE-752 40
UPPSALA, Sweden. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I need information on how many you are, when you will be arriving and
leaving, and a name and and address where I can reach you (email is fine).
There is also a homepage that will have updated information:
Frithiof the Friendly herald (ret.)
There is an updated homepage for the 1999 Known World Heraldic Symposium,
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: email@example.com