Want Ads

Poster: "Magdalena de Hazebrouck" <magdalena-de-hazebrouck@home.com>

The Barony of Caer Mear needs your help in presenting a Living History Demo
focused on a cross section of life in Edinburgh, 1575 for the Richmond
Highland Games and Celtic Festival, October 23 and 24, 1999.  The Edinburgh
Demo Team is well organized and enthusiatic, but there are some skills we
lack.  You do not need to have a Scots persona to enjoy going Scots for a
weekend!  Although our demo will be on for two days, each person can sign up
for as little as a two hour watch per day and can spend the rest of the day
enjoying the festival.  You can also sign up for more than one activity.

Wanted:
Rapier Folks
Participants and Leader for English Country Dance
Staff for a tailor's shop
Expertise in Elizabethan dress
Guy skills - wood working, armor making, metal working cross bows, timber
house construction, for instance

Also welcome are teachers and/or volunteers at workshops to assist in the
making of props(including benches and tables) and garb (corsets, coifs,
straw hats, shoes, ruffs, cartridge pleating).  We will acept your help
gratefully, even if you can not attend the demo.

Please contact me via this email if you are interested or would like more
info.  magdalena-de-hazebrouck@home.com

I have a handout available on practicalities such as camping, picking up
your passes, site rules, etc.

Magdalena