RE: Appropriate "Booty" for Boat Wars Melees?

Poster: "Gene Bonar" <gbonar@auspex.com>

 Unto the suddenly noisy Merry Rose does Gorm of Berra send greetings,

> Okay, it's probably way late for this question, but I'm planning
> on attending
> Boat Wars tomorrow, and I noted that each fighter was requested to bring
> something of about $5-10 in value for booty (presumably to be
> distributed at
> the event).
>
> What sorta of things would be appropriate for this?  I have no
> significant A&S
> skills to make an appropriate item.
(snip)

Greetings Gorm,

In the past 3 years, I have seen things like spears, a silver candlelabra,
chail mail coif, and 12 arrows, to old leather gloves and 3 rolls of duct
tape.  The equipment that I have seen is often used but servicable.  There
has been a fair share of things like hand made favor, wine, beer, corigals,
and so forth.  There are many things where a fighter may choose and then
present it to a loved one.  Mostly they are things that are used therefore
inexpensive.  Erica was right.

Thanks

The Eógan
Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done