From: Michael Surbrook <susano@dedaana.otd.com>
Subject: Re: No nerds here
On Wed, 19 May 1999 SCAVard@aol.com wrote:

> I realize this is off-topic and that I'll likely get flamed for starting
this
> thread, but I want to proudly report that the nerd-quotient in Dun Carraig
is
> apparently less than in other parts of the known world.

Why is it that anyone who goes to see this film today is a 'geek' or
'nerd'?  Back when Henry V opened, local SCA members attended in garb, did
that make them 'freaks' or 'nerds'?  Isn't the whole idea of the
Constitution the freedom of thought and expression.  If I choose to dance
to a different drummer, that's my business not yours.  Yes, you can
comment on it, but even this level of intolerance is getting to me, not to
mention the fact that everyone seems to find this to be a great excuse to
be insulting.

Oh, and yes, I'm going to see it today.  I got an offer of free tickets I
couldn't pass up.

> I suppose we've got better things to do in Southern Maryland than have a bad
> movie run our lives.  I take great comfort in that.

Who says it's going to be a bad movie?