Re: No nerds here

Poster: Michael Surbrook <susano@dedaana.otd.com>

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Jean Amann wrote:

> > > I realize this is off-topic and that I'll likely get flamed for starting this
> > > thread, but I want to proudly report that the nerd-quotient in Dun Carraig is
> > > apparently less than in other parts of the known world.
> >
> > Why is it that anyone who goes to see this film today is a 'geek' or
> > 'nerd'?  Back when Henry V opened, local SCA members attended in garb, did
> > that make them 'freaks' or 'nerds'?
>
>   Yep, it did.  If nerdiness involves unnatural concentration on aspects of life
> not of major interest to most people, we all qualify.  Of course, another aspect of
> nerdiness is intelligence. . .Relax and enjoy the movie.

I did.  It was a fun way to spend 2 hours.  It didn't have the impact of
the first film (nothing ever will) but it was a fun movie to watch and I
enjoyed myself.

--
Michael Surbrook - susano@otd.com - http://www.otd.com/~susano/index.html

     "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person
                               I preach to."
                             J.R. "Bob" Dobbs